Polk Audio today announced the latest addition to its celebrated MagniFi series soundbars, the MagniFi 2 ($499, €499, £499). Designed to reduce the entry barrier to a multi-channel home cinema listening experience, the MagniFi 2 soundbar taps into Polk Audio’s rich heritage of audio excellence.
The performance-tuned driver array and Polk Audio’s patented Stereo Dimensional Array (SDA) technology—initially developed by founder Matthew Polk—presents a huge soundstage and outstanding fidelity. For a convincing immersive listening experience, the MagniFi 2 also features a new 3D Audio Mode, which leverages Polk Audio’s SDA technology to create virtual height channels.
The MagniFi 2 is simple to setup and use. It ships with HDMI and Optical cables for quick and easy setup to any 4K or HD TVs. Plus, the sound bar has three HDMI 2.0 inputs to ensure 4K HDR content looks great. The MagniFi 2 automatically works with Samsung, LG, Vizio, TCL, and Sony TV remotes to control volume as well as most CEC-enabled TVs. In addition, the MagniFi 2 features Polk Audio’s patented Voice Adjust™ Technology, which allows users to customise voice levels for crystal-clear dialogue and intelligibility.
Since the MagniFi 2 is a Chromecast audio-enabled device, users can easily stream content from Amazon Music HD, Apple Music, Roon, Qobuz, Spotify, Tidal and many more by asking any Google Assistant-enabled speaker. Users can also change volume and find information about what they’re listening to with their voice. Bluetooth streaming is another easy way to play music on the MagniFi 2 from a smartphone, tablet or other compatible device.
“Many soundbars improve TV sound dramatically, but few offer a compelling immersive surround sound experience,” said Michael McCole, senior product marketing manager for sound bars at Polk Audio. “Using tools like Polk Audio’s patented SDA technology, 3D Audio Mode for virtual height and Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, the MagniFi 2 soundbar is a significant step closer to a multi-channel listening experience at a much more attainable price.”
Featuring four 1-inch by 3-inch full-range drivers, two 0.75-inch tweeters and an included 8-inch ported subwoofer, the MagniFi 2 boasts plenty of brawn to easily outperform traditional soundbars. The included subwoofer produces several times the amount of bass than the average television set, delivering core-pounding deep, effortless bass impact that brings movies, TV and music to life.
The MagniFi 2 is also outfitted with several preset EQ settings for Movies, Music and Sports, which optimise the soundbar and subwoofer levels to ensure users get the clearest dialogue, big surround sound and deep bass for the best audio and home theater sound. With Night mode, just a touch of a button lowers the bass and increases dialogue on the soundbar without touching the master volume. Truly customisable, users are also able to manually adjust voice control and bass settings to create the perfect mix for their listening situation.
In addition to advanced audio capabilities, the MagniFi 2 soundbar features several technologies designed to make it easy-to-use and accessible:
- Polk Smart Remote Compatibility: The MagniFi 2 is compatible with most CEC-enabled TV remotes and also features built-in support for popular IR TV remotes from Samsung, LG, Sony, and Vizio for easy use. With IR Learn, the sound bar can learn to work with the TV remote if the codes are not already built in.
- Universal Compatibility: The sound bar works with any TV and includes HDMI and optical cables for easy set up.
- Low-Profile Design: At just over 2-inches tall, the MagniFi 2’s slim profile ensures the sound bar will not block a TV’s remote sensor or impede on viewing.
- Array of Audio/Video Connectivity: For ultimate flexibility, the sound bar includes three built-In Ultra HD 4K HDMI (HDCP 2.2) inputs, one HDMI (ARC) output, optical input for TV audio, Chromecast for audio, and Bluetooth.
The MagniFi 2 joins the popular Polk Audio line of MagniFi Series sound bars, including the:
- MagniFi MAX and MAX SR: Most soundbars lack the sound stage, power and discrete immersive surround sound experience of the MagniFi MAX and MAX SR. Leveraging Polk’s patented SDA and Voice Adjust technology, Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, HDMI connectivity and wireless surrounds, consumers can create a 5.1 system that delivers huge sound.
- MagniFi Mini: Featuring the same outstanding Polk Audio sound and Polk’s patented SDA technology for an incredibly wide sound stage, the MagniFi Mini takes the same detail and power of a regular sized sound bar and shrinks it down for maximum flexibility.
The MagniFi 2 retails for $499, €499, £499 and is currently available from authorised dealers. For more information on Polk’s collection of sound bars and products, please visit polkaudio.com.