Klipsch (UK) and Henley Audio announce immediate availability of The Fives; 2020’s most comprehensively equipped, powered stereo speakers.
Part of Klipsch’s Heritage Wireless series – expect real wood veneers, metal switches, a ‘mid-century modern’ design, and a beautiful finish – The Fives bring all you need to create an awesome sound system for music and movies. These are amongst the very first powered speakers to feature HDMI-ARC – the technology that enables you to connect the speakers directly to the TV – making them a bona fide soundbar alternative, as well as a true ‘hi-fi system-in-a-box’.
Klipsch The Fives connectivity:
- 5mm aux-in: Want to connect an older music player that doesn’t support Bluetooth, or have an Alexa Echo you’d like to add to your hi-fi system? Easy. Just route a cable from your device’s headphone output and connect to the Klipsch’s aux-in.
- Bluetooth 5: Wirelessly connect your Bluetooth-enabled audio devices to the Klipsch speakers.
- HDMI-ARC: Audio Return Channel (ARC) transmission connects your speaker to your TV controls. Connect the supplied HDMI cable to the TV and the Klipsch speaker and use your TV remote to switch between audio sources – including games consoles and set-top boxes – and adjust the volume control.
- Optical digital: Another high-quality input option, ideal for non-HDMI equipped AV systems, including older games consoles.
- Phono/Line analogue: Thanks to their built-in Moving Magnet phono stage, The Fives are ‘turntable ready’. This input is switchable between PHONO and LINE, so it’s as simple as just plugging in and flicking a switch, regardless of whether you’d like to connect a normal turntable or any other analogue source.
- Subwoofer output: Those looking to add even deeper bass reach can add a powered subwoofer to The Fives’s driver array, creating a neat, yet powerful, ‘2.1’ system.
- USB digital: The Fives support 192 KHZ / 24-BIT decoding across the board, meaning flawless reproduction of high-resolution audio tracks from digital devices, including PCs and Macs.
In addition to extensive connectivity, The Fives house considerable custom engineered amplification. Ultra-low noise amplifiers are bi-amped to drive the two speaker cabinets, each of which employs a 25mm titanium TLS vented tweeter with Tractrix horn and 11cm long-throw woofer. The rear of the cabinet features a Tractrix port, borrowed from the premium Reference Premiere speaker line, to further enhances the bass. The Fives also feature Klipsch Dynamic Bass EQ, a tech typically only available with AV receivers. Here, the Klipsch system dynamically matches the ear’s ability to hear lower frequencies, resulting in powerful, yet well-controlled, bass whether the listening volume is low, cranked up to 11, or somewhere in the middle.
Klipsch is well-recognised for delivering thrilling sound and that is precisely what you get from The Fives. The speakers also have a subtle touch, and a naturalness, ideal for ensuring that movie and TV dialogue is apparent and not entombed in a soundtrack. With music, The Fives breathe life into each and every recording they’re faced with – from the analogue warmth of a good vinyl record to the startling clarity of a modern digital recording. Their ability to extract information and convey complex sound stages would rival similarly priced hi-fi separates. To assist buyers with all these various source options, the Klipsch Fives bundle also includes a remote control, an HDMI cable, and a USB cable.
Skilfully handling audio for movies and TV, as well as music, The Fives are Klipsch’s most versatile ever speakers. From extensive connectivity, to aesthetically pleasing left and right placement granting a quality, wide soundstage, these monitors make getting the best from your home entertainment what it should be – simple and effective.