Samsung to open huge ‘digital playground’ at new London shopping district
Samsung KX LDN, which will open next month at Coal Drops Yard shopping and lifestyle district (pictured), will bring the latest technologies, devices and services to life with curated experiences which will embody the brand’s ‘Do What You Can’t’ ethos.
Visitors will be among the first in the world to test one-of-a-kind concept tech innovations, engage with activities that will be brought to life on the world’s first vertical 10-metre-wide curved Samsung screen, hot-desk and get together in the in-house café as well as take home a series of personalised items:
- Digital Cockpit: Experience the future of automotive through this seamless, connected driving experience;
- Galaxy Graffiti: Embrace creativity by using a Galaxy S10 ‘spray can’ to digitally draw on the gigantic 10m wide screen;
- DJ Galaxy: Learn the art of music – each beat is brought to life through real-time LED sound visualisation;
- AR Message Tree: Fill the air with AR notes for strangers to unfold;
- 3D ME: Celebrate the power of self-expression by creating a mini 3D figure using a Galaxy S10 device;
- Collage Me: Turn a selfie into a unique, personalised collage – a souvenir to take away or proudly leave on Samsung KX’s display wall.
Samsung KX is a place of discovery, where people can interact with cutting edge innovation and local community passions under one iconic roof, through a roster of skills sharing events and workshops, providing a breadth of experiences available to all.
The stage and its unique main screen will be used to host performances by local talent, film nights and immersive wellness classes. The kitchen, powered by Samsung’s latest connected offerings, ready for everything from mixology sessions, cookery masterclasses to supper clubs as well as a dedicated space kitted out with best-in-class gaming experiences.
Samsung KX puts a huge emphasis on local culture. The space has been built to capture the imagination and spirit of the King’s Cross community; the brand has been working with local community groups that will benefit from the space, ranging from charities to art and culture organisations.
Tanya Weller, Director of Samsung KX, said: “Our expert teams have been working with the King’s Cross community behind the scenes to create a destination that truly conveys and fulfils their needs. Combine that with the innovation of Samsung and varied interest areas of London, and we have an exciting prospect to bring to life, and actually enabling people to really ‘do what you can’t’.”
With its home located at the iconic ‘kissing point’ of Coal Drops Yard, Samsung KX is set to offer a first-of-its-kind brand experience that’s not to be missed.
The new store joins an expanding line-up of leading retailers and restaurants opening at Coal Drops Yard, which will house 100,000sq ft of shops and restaurants.