With Black Friday in full swing, Salmon, a Wunderman Commerce company, has released its latest results from its Black Friday analytics hub in the UK.
In the first of three round-ups today, the Black Friday updates in the UK so far between midnight and 9:00am revealed that:
- 85 per cent of traffic is coming via mobile devices
- 15 per cent of traffic is coming via desktop devices
- 76 per cent of transactions came from mobile devices
- 24 per cent of transactions came from desktop devices
- 00:00-01:00am was the busiest period with 87 per cent of visits coming from a mobile device
- 76 per cent of transactions came from a mobile device. Salmon expects this to decrease as consumers arrive to work
- Bargain hunters stayed up late – with 40 per cent of all visits between midnight and 6:00am taking place in the first hour (midnight to 1:00am). There was a lull between 02:00am and 05:00am, before traffic peaked again at 06:00am.
Salmon’s research this year revealed consumers in the UK would spend on average £90 this Black Friday, with the 25-35 age range splashing more cash than anyone else (£154). Salmon’s Analytics Hub figures show that on average basket values are £116.