Hughes Electrical cycles for life saving charity
Four team members from Hughes Electrical will be taking part in a charity bike ride to raise £5,000 for East Anglian Air Ambulance.
The team will cover over 500 miles in five days, visiting 33 Hughes stores across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Lincolnshire, Norfolk and Suffolk. The journey will start in Spalding on June 6 at 8:30am and end in King’s Lynn on June 10 around 5pm.
Nigel Jeavons, who works in Hughes Hunstanston and David Youngs from Hughes Wisbech came up with the idea.
“In 2015, we organised a football match, which raised money for Marie Curie Cancer Care, so were looking for a change this year and came up with the idea of a bike ride. Then we thought – how can we make it a bit different?” said Mr Jeavons.
They will be joined by Aaron Beck from King’s Lynn and area manager Malcolm Tuff.
“We are all keen amateur cyclists, but 30 to 40 miles is usually our limit,” said Mr Youngs. “So we will each be undertaking our own training regimes, so we can build up to the 100 miles a day required.
“As our journey will be covering five counties, we thought the East Anglian Air Ambulance would be a worthy charity to support.
“While we have set a £5,000 target, we hope to raise more and are looking to businesses and individuals across the region to sponsor our journey. However much, or little, the sponsorship is, it all counts and the money will be going to an organisation that saves lives 365 days a year.
“We are very grateful to the seven businesses that have already pledged money.”
The bike ride will be visiting the following Hughes stores in June:
- Monday 6: Spalding, Wisbech, Swaffham, Thetford, Bury, Newmarket, Ely
- Tuesday 7: Cambridge, Haverhill, Sudbury, Colchester, Clacton, Dovercourt
- Wednesday 8: Martlesham, Ipswich, Stowmarket, Diss, Halesworth, Southwold
- Thursday 9: Beccles, Lowestoft, Gorleston, Great Yarmouth, Norwich Mason Road, Norwich Hall Road, Norwich White Lion Street, Wymondham, Dereham
- Friday 10: North Walsham, Cromer, Fakenham, Hunstanton, King’s Lynn
Image top: left to right, Aaron Beck, Nigel Jeavons, David Youngs & Malcolm Tuff